Sensores / Turbidez

Gama de productos


Folletos producto

Preguntas frecuentes

Número de FAQs relacionadas con Turbidez: 3

Expandir todoDesplegar todo

  1. It used to be that NTUs were the unit for all turbidity sensors. In 2007, an ASTM committee formed and established different units for each category of turbidity sensor technology, and there are many. Backscatter sensors such as the OBS-3+ and the OBS501 have units of FBU (Formazin Backscatter Units), whereas ISO 7027 side-scatter sensors have units of FNU (Formazin Nephelometric Units). The side-scatter OBS501 and the ClariVue™ sensors are part of this category. While sensors of different technical designs can be calibrated and measure Formazin the same, they will not make the same measurement in natural waters where size, shape, color, reflectivity, etc., of the particles vary. The ClariVue™ sensor measurements will not match the OBS-3+ measurements in natural waters.

  2. Sometimes, an old cable can be replaced with a new, shorter cable.

    Sometimes, an existing cable can be shortened by cutting the ends off. However, there are a few issues that could be encountered when doing this:

    • Some sensors have bridge completion resistors at the pigtail end.
    • Some sensors are calibrated to length.
    • Sometimes the color in the insulation may not be the same as that visible at the pigtail end.

    Because of the potential issues, do not cut the ends off any sensor cable without first contacting Campbell Scientific to discuss the sensor in detail.

  3. Many times, but not always, a sensor’s cable can be replaced with a new cable. This is helpful if the original cable was damaged or if its length needs to be changed.

    If the cable is attached to the sensor using a connector, Campbell Scientific will sell a replacement cable. For example, a 05106CBL-L is a replacement cable for a 05106-L. Replacement cables are listed in the “Replacement Parts” section of the Ordering information area of the product page.

    If the cable is attached to a sensor through a user-accessible terminal block, a raw cable can be purchased to replace it. For example, to replace the cable on a 05103-L Wind Monitor, order the desired length of pn 972124 AWG 3 Twisted Pair Shielded Santoprene Cable. As another example, the raw cable for a TE525-L Rain Gage is pn 966122 AWG 1 Twisted Pair Shielded Santoprene Cable.

    If the cable is an integral part of the sensor, the cable cannot be user replaced, and the sensor must be returned to Campbell Scientific. Some examples of sensors that fall into this category include the 107-L, 109SS-L, 229-L, CS547A-L, and CS650-L. For the process of returning equipment to Campbell Scientific, refer to the Repair and Calibration page.